If you're going to be around after php|tek on Friday, May 25, we want you to come have an adventure with us! We're all going to sample the sights and sounds of downtown Chicago, and have some fun in the process (in true PHP Community spirit).
The Community JAUNT will include:
- Blue Line Tickets to/from downtown Chicago. The Blue Line will take us directly from O'Hare to Jackson Station, a few blocks from where we'll be spending most of our time. Trains run regularly, so when you're ready to go home, you can do so at any time. We'll provide you with a schedule, or you can find it online.
- Dinner at Giordano's Pizza. Chicago's deep dish Giordano's is world-famous, and we'll be eating at one of the oldest locations in the city. (http://giordanos.com)
- Tickets to the Skydeck. We'll see Chicago like never before: 1,353 ft. in the air! If you're brave enough, you can enter one of the glass boxes extending out 4 feet into the air from the 103rd floor. For more information on the whole Skydeck experience, their site offers a video tour (http://www.theskydeck.com/plan-visit/the-skydeck-experience-video).
- Drinks at Elephant and Castle. From there, we'll visit one of the local “English-inspired” pubs to relax over a few pints. (http://elephantcastle.com). We have been told by the locals that they have one of the best whisky selections in the city.
- Drinks at Miller's Pub. We'll end the evening at the Chicago landmark, Miller's Pub. Opened in 1935, this pub still offers an impressive list of beer, wine, and spirits, and is a favorite of celebrities passing through. And, for you night owls who want to stay when the rest of us have long gone, it's open until 4 am. (http://millerspub.com).
We'll be picking up the tab on the whole night, so we hope you can come enjoy Chicago with us. Space is limited to 50 people, so we suggest you register early.
We can't wait to hang out with you in Chicago!