It's the new year and often that means new roles and responsibilities and contact information. Please tell us what's going on in your business and make sure we are up to date. Here's how you can keep us informed:
- __Keep your Engine Yard Cloud account contact info updated.__ Log in, and make sure it's still accurate.
- __Is the account owner removed from day-to-day ops?__ If so, consider making the owner the Technical POC instead, or change the email address to a mailing list or alias (i.e. google group, shared account, etc.) which you can add multiple people to so everyone gets information in a timely fashion.
- __Ticketing System.__ Our ticketing system is a critical part of our support offerings. Have you logged in and set up an account? Do appropriate team members have access, either through a shared account or collaborator accounts?
- __Adding collaborators to your accounts.__ You can add users to your account using our Collaboration feature ([http://docs.engineyard.com/account-collaboration.html](http://docs.engineyard.com/account-collaboration.html)). To add other people to your account, click on the Account tab on the top right of your Dashboard. Then from there click Account Settings. At the bottom of the Account Settings page, you can add members to your Account.
- __Once you have invited the additional users, they must accept their invitations to join your Account.__ They then have access to your dashboard and the ticketing system.
- __Remember that only the cloud owner email address receives email alerts when we are sending them en masse. Plan accordingly.__ While we can be flexible and set notes in our ticketing system to alert various email addresses when opening tickets on a one-by-one basis, at this point in time, when we are grabbing email addresses to send out mass communications, it is the Account Owner's email address that is notified.
Additionally: We strongly recommend that you take a look at your environment and consider upgrading to the latest version of the Engine Yard stack so you can take full advantage of the latest versions, bug fixes, and security patches. Full instructions for this process are at http://docs.engineyard.com/environment-upgrade.html. Go to your application's dashboard and take a moment and click the “Upgrade” button. It does not take immediate effect — instead it will list the various features that are about to change so you can consider them and decide if you're ready to move up. You can also review our release notes at http://docs.engineyard.com/release_notes.html.